We shall strive to incorporate sustainability into our core operations through internal and external efforts. We shall adopt the following policies and practices:
- Conserve energy, water and natural resources throughout our operations
- Prevent pollution and hazardous materials from entering the environment.
- Minimize waste through “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle” tactics.
- Support commuter options to lessen transportation impacts.
- Educating our employees, customers, and community by promoting, sharing, and rewarding sustainability initiatives.
We shall conserve energy by:
- Encouraging use low energy (LED) bulbs and use of natural lighting
- Instituting a policy of turning off lights and equipment when not in use.
- Using energy efficient electronics and equipment.
- Supporting transportation and commute alternatives
We shall reduce the use of toxic materials to protect employee health and the environment. Specifically, we shall:
- Use non-toxic eco-certified cleaning products.
- Dispose of “hazardous” waste or universal wastes (electronics, batteries, fluorescent light tubes, used motor oil) responsibly
- Avoid products with hazardous ingredients
Reduce, Reuse and Recycle
We shall reduce our waste stream to achieve 85% diversion from the landfill. Specifically, we shall:
- Recycle all paper, cardboard, wood, metals, bottles, plastics, packaging and cans.
- Use water cooler and compostable cups. No plastic bottles or disposable coffee pods.
- Donate reusable items (appliances, machinery, electronic equipment, and furniture) to charitable organizations.
Environmentally Preferable Purchasing
We shall purchase/use the following:
- Office paper with minimum of 30%+ post-consumer content)
- Bathroom and kitchen paper with at least 30% post-consumer content.
- Remanufactured and refillable toner cartridges.
- Energy Star appliances and electronics.
We shall support and community by sharing our sustainability commitment, educating our patients, and supporting local events and organizations.